Benefits of Paleo Diet
- No preservatives. Eating as nature intended means cutting out processed foods and tons of preservatives. These preservatives (i.e. nitrates, nitrates, phosphates, etc.) contribute to poor health and they are in most modern convenience foods.
- Helps avoid obesity. When you lose weight, your fat cells get smaller, and the Paleo diet does this by significantly reducing your intake of carbohydrates, and increasing your consumption of healthy fats. The foods that are acceptable within the diet are packed full of natural nutrients that add muscle.
- Reduces risk of cancer and disease. The Paleo diet reduces your risk of developing a number of diseases simply because it avoids modern foods that have been known to cause problems. By consuming only food products that are natural, you can make sure that your immune system is high, and your body functioning properly and healthily.
- Reduces risk for diabetes. If you are only consuming plant-based foods, meat and vegetables, you can rest assured that your body’s insulin levels and sensitivity remain at optimum levels. 5. Enjoy more energy throughout the day. The Paleo diet can improve your performance at work, help you when you’re running or working out, and just make your days easier by giving you more energy. This diet optimizes your energy consumption by only allowing you to consume foods that naturally offer slow releasing energy.
- Avoid allergies. Many allergies are triggered by a poor diet, so the Paleo diet can help avoid lots of allergies. Not only that, but the food items that are ‘allowed’ in the Paleo diet often don’t contain many known allergens, meaning that you can avoid allergic reactions if you naturally suffer from allergies.
- Digest foods more easily and avoid IBS symptoms. The Paleo diet significantly reduces the amount of carbohydrates that you eat and removes dairy entirely, meaning that IBS symptoms can be reduced or even stopped entirely. General digestion is also improved drastically. The Paleo diet encourages the consumption of foodstuffs that humans have been able to digest with ease for thousands of years.