What It's Like Being a Patient
When you become a patient at Lake Norman Health and Wellness, you truly start on a path towards helping to reinvent your life.
Dr. Green and the professionals at our clinic work as a team to help provide an advanced level of care that has not been available in the Greater Charlotte region until now.
Our Unique Approach
Because of our unique approach with our patients through a focus on the nervous system along with interactions between the immune and metabolic systems of their body, patients are able to finally realize the level of care that so many have asked their doctors to give but have never received.
Our focus is to bring together all aspects of a person's health to determine the best way to get results in the shortest amount of time. We do it for our current patients everyday and we can do the same for you.
It is important to understand that our office works with only those people who are serious about getting well and taking the steps necessary to make it happen. We do not work with those who have a "quick fix" mentality. Not everyone is a good candidate for care...the following is to give you a good idea if we're a good fit to work together.
Our patients are those struggling with not knowing what else to do, where else to go and who else to talk to about their health condition. Usually they've been told by someone, "We'll just wait to see what happens."
Most of our patients come to see us because they're frustrated and discouraged.
We've had a lot of patients come in to our office and say things like: "I'm so discouraged with the medical system" or "I'm frustrated because I've been to this doctor, this acupuncturist, this massage therapist, this chiropractor, but nothing is working and I don't know what else to do."
Most of our patients are...women, men, children and infants, who are:
- Really tired of being placed on prescription drugs all the time.
- Have been told they need surgery, but felt there was another way.
- Sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.
- Disillusioned by traditional medicine and want to get to the root problem of their condition.
- Frustrated with having symptoms when all of their tests are normal.
- Do not understand why they have to take medications that make them feel worse and wondering if there are other treatments without masking symptoms.
Most of our patients have said or have struggled with these common scenarios:
- I've been everywhere...no one knows what's wrong with me...all my tests are negative, but I am still having problems.
- I am taking so many supplements and vitamins and I am still having problems.
- I've had a lot of tests ran and nobody has been able to help me.
- Why do I have to take these medications...they make me feel worse. Isn't there a safer alternative that isn't covering up the symptoms?
- My Doctor says I need surgery, but I want another option.
- My blood tests are normal, so why do I still have these symptoms and still feel horrible?
- Why do I still have back pain? The doctor said the MRI of my lower back is negative. I don't understand what could be causing this.
If this sounds familiar, we may be a good fit to work together.
Our patients care about their health and not just being symptom free. They are looking to correct a problem or condition and have the results be long-lasting.
Our specialty lies in working with patients who have very tough issues that other practitioners haven't figured out how to help.
At Lake Norman Health and Wellness, our focus is on finding all of the reasons behind your condition and working with it successfully. We dig in and find the core element of your condition or problem by looking at the entire brain-body connection of Functional Neurology, Endocrinology and Immunology. See what makes us different for more information.
Tough Issues We Can Help
Some of the tough issues we have helped patients with are…
- Utilizing Functional Neurology, we have helped people with the following conditions: stroke rehab or stroke recovery cases, movement disorders such as Tremors, Parkinson's Disease, Dystonia, Vertigo, dizziness, unsteadiness, balance disorders, coordination disorders, Seizures, ADD/ADHD, Autism, Asperger's, Dyslexia, learning disorders, and developmental disorders. We have also helped Bipolar Disorder, Manic / Depressive Disorder, Depression, Anxiety, OCD, Peripheral Neuropathy, burning and shooting pains, Multiple Sclerosis, and different visual conditions.
- Using new interpretations of neuroimmunology, we have helped: Difficult and challenging autoimmune cases such as Hashimoto's, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Scleroderma, Psoriasis, Crohn’s, Ulcerative Colitis and other autoimmune conditions.
- Using new interpretations of neuroendocrinology, we have helped: Hypothyroidism, Hashimoto's disease, high blood sugar, hypoglycemia, insulin resistance, diabetes, menopause, hormonal imbalances, digestive issues, and Infertility.
- Using an integrative approach towards the management and support of Cancer patients: We have seen patients who were looking for support during and after traditional allopathic approaches to their cancer or were looking for complete alternative approach to help their condition. While I am absolutely not an oncologist and will not treat your cancer in the traditional sense, our goal is to help improve your body’s ability to heal itself through Integrative Cancer Treatment as taught by the AMA backed ICT Fellowship through the Association for the Advancement of Anti-Aging Medicine.
For more information, learn about the conditions we've helped.
Bottom line: if you have a tough case and have not received the answers you are looking for, we can help.
That's because we take a unique approach with our patients that is unlike any other. We dig in and find the core element of your condition and work to get you solutions.
Call 704-987-3993 to schedule your consultation today.
We also have a very unique process that we go through to determine your condition and determine if you're a candidate for our care.
We look at the brain-body connection and the way it effects you and your overall health.
We work with patients of all ages and take a very unique approach to the diagnosis and treatment of tough cases such as thyroid disorders, neuropathy, strokes, migraines, vertigo and many others.
If you're a good candidate for our office, we will work with you to develop an action plan to help you obtain your health and wellness goals (see becoming a patient for more details).
We focus on each and every one of our patients' overall physiological and neurological function.
The reason is simple...understanding how your brain controls your body's function is essential to your care!
Working this way allows us to diagnose and work with a very comprehensive list of conditions and develop the most effective customized plan for you.
The brain is in control of every cell, tissue, gland, and organ within the human body. If the brain is in a state of insufficiency, the areas of the body associated with that deficit will be dysfunctional (i.e. digestion, breathing, metabolism, movement, etc.). So, when you have a health condition...we locate the issue in the body and see how it is tied to the brain and your overall function.
We do this via our comprehensive Neurological and physical exam which includes:
- Cognitive Evaluation
- Coordination Assessment
- Sensory Testing
- Physiologic Blind-spot Mapping
- Optokinetic Analysis
- Oxygen Saturation Monitoring
- Balance / Vestibular Testing
- Comprehensive Blood Chemistry Analysis
- Additional testing (if necessary) MRI, CT, NCV/EMG, VNG, antibodies, etc.
We perform this type of comprehensive exam in order to customize a program specific to your problems. If there's a discrepancy between your brain and your body, it’s like having a problem with your radio and the antenna…static!
We also work with patients through neurological rehabilitation.
This is a key area that makes Lake Norman Health and Wellness different from others and makes us one of the most cutting-edge and comprehensive clinics in Charlotte and the Carolinas!
Many other clinics, doctors and practitioners CANNOT do this service or simply do not offer it to patients because they don't want to. We perform a lot of neurological rehabilitation for people with neurological conditions such as Strokes, Alzheimer’s / Dementia, Parkinson’s and other Movement Disorders, Vertigo, Seizures and childhood disorders like Dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, Autism, Asperger's and more.
Our brain rehabilitation is done by improving brain function through exercises conducted with our team in our office. When you become a patient in our practice, we will actually set up a rehab schedule with you for brain based rehab and therapy. To see if you qualify for care, contact us today.
We locate the problem in the body and then fine-tune the function in the brain to bring the connection back together.And unlike other doctors, practitioners or clinics…we work as a comprehensive team for our patients. Essentially, it is the whole office working together to get you the results you want and need.
For more information, call our doctors at 704-987-3993 to see if you qualify for care. At Lake Norman Health and Wellness, we are here for you!