REQUEST A FREE DVD AND REPORT HERE!
Please select which condition you would like more information on, and we will send it to you right away.
Autoimmune Disease in Cornelius NC
If you suffer from an autoimmune disorder your immune system is attacking other systems of your body (ie. Thyroid,cerebellum, etc.)
If you have an autoimmune attack, it is like a raging forest fire. Your body is destroying tissue as the attack occurs, damaging critical organs.
You must find out what the gasoline is that is being poured onto your fire, or your body will keep destroying tissue.
What makes our office unique is that we leave no stone unturned to determine the true cause of your health condition.
There can be many different forms of “gasoline”, so you must run the correct tests.
Autoimmune Disease in Cornelius
We can check for gluten antibodies, tissue antibodies such as myelin (fatty sheath around the nerves) antibodies, and cerebellar (back part of the brain controlling balance, coordinated movement, and spinal muscles) antibodies.
For example, many hypothyroid patients have tested positive for thyroid antibodies and they were actually mis-diagnosed by their medical doctor for years. If your thyroid tissue antibodies (TPO &TBG) are high, you are suffering from Hashimoto's disease and NOT hypothyroidism. The only way to find out is to test for thyroid tissue antibodies via blood work.
Your immune system could be attacking your nervous system, which would cause pain and numbness (this is called multiple sclerosis and peripheral neuropathy). The ONLY way to know is to run the right tests.
If you suffer from tissue antibodies, further blood work will be needed to determine which part of your immune system is not functioning. Specifically…
- Lymphocyte Subpopulation
- TH1/TH2 Cytokine Panels
- Natural Killer Cell Activity
How We're Different?
Navigating the Autoimmune Matrix Webinar
We focus on a comprehensive approach for managing the autoimmune patient:
- We will work to help identify and remove the trigger(s) that aggravate the immune system (foods, chemicals, hormonal imbalance, etc.).
- We will use diet & lifestyle changes and specific supplements to reduce the existing body-wide inflammatory cascade. Supplements can help us to down-regulate pro-inflammatory processes and up-regulate anti-inflammatory processes or simply put ... our goal is to decrease the inflammation in your body!
- We will work with you to repair any damage to the GI tract barrier (and any of the other 4 barriers that are breached). In other words, we need to fix your gut function.
- We will help you support your damaged autoimmune target with specific supplements and/or medical hormone therapy (as in the case of thyroid and pancreas damage).
- We will recommend the use of Brain-Based Therapy (functional neurology treatments) to mediate any abnormal brain and nervous system function contributing to your symptoms.
When you come to Lake Norman Integrative Wellness, you can be sure that no stone will be left unturned in determining the exact cause of your condition. In addition to the state of the art treatment facility we have, we also will use advanced immune-based lab testing, especially in the treatment of chronic autoimmune conditions including Hashimoto's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, Crohn's, ME/CFS, Peripheral Neuropathy, and many others. This allows us to determine the true cause of your condition and get you the best, fastest results possible in your care. Some of the tests that may be ordered by the doctors include:
- Food Sensitivity Testing- Our office may order tests to confirm if you have food sensitivities to foods such as gluten, dairy, egg, soy, yeast, corn, rice, meat, fish and more. If you have developed an intolerance to these foods it can weaken your digestive system and can also lead to inflammation in your body resulting in pain and fatigue.
- Complete Metabolic Panel- We use blood work to determine if there are disease processes that may be contributing to your chronic condition. This testing may include thyroid panels, CBC's, blood sugar levels, cholesterol levels, iron levels, vit. D levels, and more.
- Adrenal Stress testing- This test measures the function of the adrenal glands, also known as your "stress" glands. This test measure the function of your cortisone, cortisol and DHEA levels over a 24 hour period of time. This test is a must if you are currently or have been under high levels of stress.
- Immune Panel- We run TH1/TH2 and tissue antibody panels to determine if you are suffering from an autoimmune condition, where your immune system has began attacking your own body. Running the immune panels allows us to determine if you have an autoimmune condition. We will help determine if your immune system is attacking your body (immune dysregulation) or being attacked by infections or other toxins (active antigen pattern).
- Hormone Panel- We use tests that assess for testosterone levels in males or progesterone/estrogen levels in females. Imbalances in hormonal regulation are extremely common in todays society. In our office we look for the underlying causes that are leading to the hormonal imbalances and look to support these pathways.
- Gut Ecology Profiling- In the case of suspected autoimmune disease it is important to evaluate for underlying infections in the intestinal tract. This testing allows us to check for probiotic status in the gut. It also evaluates for pathogenic bacterial infections, parasitic infections, fungal infections, and yeast overgrowths.
We run tests that check for a wide range of toxic infections including H. Pylori bacteria, Lyme Disease and Lyme co-infections, EBV/CMV Viruses, and over 100 other infections that can impact a patient's immune dysfunction. We are also looking for parasites, mold, yeast and fungi, which is what a majority of patients with gastro-intestinal dysfunction suffer from.
For more information about autoimmune disorders - contact our office in Cornelius NC.