Some Tips To Get Started
- Think about consuming a protein and vegetable or fruit for breakfast.
- Think outside the box and about consuming non-breakfast type foods. See the list of Non Traditional Breakfast Ideasbelow.
- Smoothies are an excellent way to get all of your nutrients (and use the Repairvite powder) – all in one place! See the list of Traditional Breakfast Ideas below.
- Some people are allowed to have eggs on Repairvite. Be sure to ask Dr. Green if this is allowable for you. If so, enjoy eggs for breakfast, but use them sparingly.
NON-TRADITIONAL BREAKFAST IDEAS (EGG FREE)
- Mustard glazed chicken thighs*, baked sweet potato or green vegetable, raw sauerkraut*
- Italian Sausage Patties* (home made from ground pork or other meat plus spice blend), Swiss Chard, Avocado, raw sauerkraut*
- Ground beef with curry spice and cinnamon, butternut squash
- Bacon wrapped chicken thighs* make the recipe linked without red pepper spices, plantains in coconut oil or steamed spinach
- Ground lamb with Moroccan spices and baked sweet potato, sweet potato hash or greens, raw sauerkraut*
- Wild canned salmon with chopped avocado, olives, and lemon juice
- Ground beef cooked with chopped bacon (cook with with sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cinnamon) and spaghetti squash
- Baked acorn squash with coconut butter and cinnamon*, bacon or breakfast sausage
- Lemon rosemary broiled salmon* with baked asparagus or steamed spinach
- Baked chicken thighs with curry powder and cinnamon spice, green apple, Swiss chard, raw sauerkraut*
- Greek style lamb meatballswith Mashed Faux-Tatoes* (cauliflower puree) or steamed cauliflower
- Smoked salmon nori (seaweed) hand roll* – with avocado, cucumber, and chives or green onions
- Sweet potato hash with ground pork or beef, onions, garlic, rosemary, raw sauerkraut*
- Baked chicken (with rosemary, sea salt, and black pepper) with Garlic & Dill Vegetables, raw sauerkraut*
- Turkey and bacon club salad
* items with an asterisk have recipes within Practical Paleo, or simply use the idea to inspire your own creative new recipe! Note: These 15 egg-free breakfast ideas are also grain-free, nut-free, seed-free, nightshade-free, dairy-free and sugar-free! Source: Balanced Bites
TRADITIONAL BREAKFAST IDEAS (EGG FREE)
If you’re more interested in traditional breakfast ideas while on Repairvite, the list below is for you.
Green Smoothie 1/2 cup almond milk or coconut milk 1/2 cup water 2 cups raw spinach 1 small banana 1 scoop Pea protein powder (optional) 1/2 cup frozen blueberries Put all ingredients into the blender and process until smooth. Kiwi Banana Smoothie 1 cup of coconut milk 2 kiwis 1 banana (frozen) Put all of the ingredients in the blender and process until smooth. Banana Berry Smoothie 1/2 medium banana, peeled and cut into chunks 1/4 cup frozen blueberries 1/4 cup frozen strawberries 2 cups chilled unsweetened vanilla-flavored almond milk In a blender, add the banana chunks, blueberries, and strawberries. Blend until combined, about 30 seconds. Double Almond Berry Smoothie 1/2 medium banana, peeled and cut into chunks 1/4 cup frozen blueberries 1/4 cup frozen strawberries 1 tablespoon almond butter 2 cups chilled unsweetened vanilla-flavored almond milk In a blender, add the banana chunks, blueberries, strawberries, and almond butter. Blend until combined, about 30 seconds.