Elana’s Pantry or The Spunky Coconut. A patient recently shared her recipe for homemade almond milk and almond flour. It’s so easy and she uses it every week with her family! You can make your own with little effort!
How to make your own Almond Milk and Almond Flour
Homemade Almond Milk:
- Add 1 cup of raw almonds and 1.5 cups filtered water to a glass dish, soak for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Drain and rinse almonds and add to a food processor with 3 cups filtered water.
- Blend the water and almonds in a high-speed blender until thoroughly blended, then strain through a chinois, nut milk bag or cheesecloth with strainer or wire mesh strainer. Strain a second time if needed.
- Set almond meal aside to be used in recipe below.
- Clean out the blender. Return the almond milk to the blender and blend with 2 tbls sweetener of choice, vanilla (optional) and pinch of salt.
- This will keep refrigerated for two to three days.
Homemade Almond Meal
- Use coffee bean grinder to process the raw almond meal. It grinds it to a fine consistency.
- Store in the freezer until ready to use.